Inspired by superfoods, this oatmeal bowl is full of balanced nutrition, especially fiber and protein. Oatmeal alone has many health benefits, you can check for more info in my “seasonal oatmeal” post. Blueberries have antioxidants in them to protect the body and skin. The spices like ginger and cinnamon have anti-inflammatory properties. Ground flax meal, chia seeds, and egg whites are for the extra nutrients and protein.
Manage your time:
My mornings are always hectic, something will pop up leaving me with less time, But I always make time for breakfast. It’s so important to eat breakfast in the mornings, otherwise, you’ll have negative effects throughout the day. You’ll most likely binge during lunchtime, eating excessive amounts because your body is in “starvation mode”. Low energy and lightheadedness are other symptoms you could experience as well. This bowl takes 10 minutes total so there is no excuse to not make time! Your body will thank you for it 🙂
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Fairy dust cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- f1 tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- On the stovetop, pour 1 cup of almond milk and wait until hot.
- Then add oats to the pot and put dashes of cinnamon and ginger with it.
- Stir consistently for a minute.
- Add the egg whites and stir again until bubbly. ( total 3 min.)
- Pour into a bowl, add honey and your favorite toppings!