This healthy oatmeal is perfect for those cold fall mornings! This meal provides tons of vitamins and minerals so no need to count, this meal has the perfect amount of macro’s (carbs, fat, and protein). It’s so easy to make and takes no time to whip up before work, school, or even your workout.
I use oatmeal all the time, wether it be in the AM or as a pre workout snack. These powerful oats have tons of fiber and protein to fill you up, causing you to snack less , for those of you that don’t snack. Oats are also a high nutrient food, I like to call these “superfood”s.
- Iron – Transports oxygen to the blood
- Zinc – Helps immune system fight off diseases
- Magnesium – Body temperature regulation, energy, and detox’s your body
- Copper – Healthy heart
- Selenium – Prevents cell damage, and good for reproduction
- Phosphorus – Bone and tissue health
Oatmeal gives you a balanced amount of nutrients that your body needs, so eat up!
- 1 and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- Dash of pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup chopped apples
- 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
1/2 tbsp peanut butter, organic cacao nibs, sprinkle flax meal, a dash of pumpkin spice and ginger.